Have general rectum spasm, sore anus. Diagnosed with anal fissure. What should be done?

Question
Hi......i have general rectum spasm all the time. I was diagnosed with a anul fissue but have been told that has healed. I have returned to the doc several times with no relief to my problem. I almost excrete some poo sometimes and this obviously make the area sore because of unhyginic condition and I am always trying to keep it clean. this then makes it enflamed that then seems to produce the spasm. It is acontinual problem that is driving me insane with te constant soreness to the anus
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later

A general spasm of rectum without any obvious local problem is a functional disorder called Proctalgia Fugax.

It will respond to SSRI group of medicines and baclofen combination, the dose and duration of which your physician will know.

Another important cause is, if you have fatty feel at anus and rectum, this leads to moistness that precipitates spasm. Answer to this problem is wash the region with soap water with local pressure of hand and dry it with a towel, wear thick cotton undergarments and do a dusting of medicated powders like Absorb OTC twice a day.

THIS WILL HELP YOU ENORMOUSLY IF THE MOISTNESS IS THE CAUSE.

Lastly I would like you to have a stool examination done to detect any infection in the rectum that can be a cause for the spasm. Get it ruled out or if found infected, it has to be treated accordingly.

Wish you a great health.