Have gastroparesis and vitamin deficiencies. Getting headache and body pain. Related?

I have gastroparesis and vitamin deficiencies, mainly B12, Folate, Iron and Vitamin D. When I was about 6 or 7 these were not yet diagnosed but I would feel sickly achy pains in my a headache....almost always brought on by cold and damp. Could the pains be related to the deficiencies, if so, how?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 47 minutes later

Vitamin deficiencies especially vitamin D and deficiency of iron, can cause body aches and cramps.

Vitamin D deficiency can cause cramps and muscle weakness. So they may be a cause of your pains. Iron and folate deficiency can cause fatigue, which may sometimes be perceived as pain.

Hope I have been able to clear your doubt. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Have gastroparesis and vitamin deficiencies. Getting headache and body pain. Related? 1 hour later

Thank you for your answer :)

I forgot to mention that in my early twenties I was diagnosed as hypermobile and there is some question now as to whether I have Ehlers-Danlos Hypermobility (with some hypotension and some skin hyper-elasticity)...Could this also have been a contributing factor historically?

I had a hysterectomy three years ago, my ovaries were also removed, I'd had PCOS which presented as ovulation sometimes as often as 2 or 3 times a week so the ovary removal was to reduce my heightened risk at the time of ovarian cancer. As I'd had menopausal symptoms for some years before the op. I had very few menopausal symptoms following it, perhaps hot flashes for about seven months.

I was wondering though, is collagen affected hormonally? Could my worsening joint pains have something to do with hormonal changes? (as I had so few problems I didn't use HRT) as EDS is due to collagen insufficiency isn't it?

I'm also puzzled as to why the calf pains were sited not in my joints or larger portion of calf muscle, it felt as though it was inbetween the muscle and the bone, what exists there?

I very much appreciate the ability to ask these questions on a website, thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 6 hours later

Generally hyper mobility syndrome presents with joint pains, a form of early osteo arthritis .
On the other hand post menopausal symptoms are more related to osteoporosis, which generally does not cause pain.

So the type of pains you refer to are more related to deficiencies.
Between muscle and bone is fascia. But it is difficult to discern the origin of pain.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Let me know if I had missed out on anything. I would be happy to resolve your doubts.