Have gastric problem, chest irritation. Cure?

Hello Doctor,

I am suffering from gastric problem for some time back. While start gassing i will get heavily irritation in chest (believe that lots of accidity generating).

Please advise what should i do to cure this problem.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 10 hours later

I understand the discomfort you are going through. From the description you have given it seems that you are having this problem for some time now. Have you undergone any endoscopic examination? If not, then I would suggest you to get it done, to see if there is any erosion or ulceration in the esophagus or stomach.

If any problem is diagnosed on the endoscopy, then it needs to be treated accordingly. If no problems are seen, then you need to strictly observe the following.

- Have food at regular intervals.
- Avoid spicy/oily food.
- Have a small snack every two hours between the meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- In case you smoke, avoid smoking.
- Reduce alcohol intake.
- Reduce stress by activities such as yoga/meditation.
- Sleep at regular intervals for adequate duration.
- Regular exercise.

If you follow the above measures, in most instances, the problems due to gastric irritation disappears.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can help you further.