Have gall stones In extreme pain in lower back. Had Aorta valve replacement. What could it be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have been told I have gall stones waiting for surgery. In extreme pain all the time in my lower back on my right side
just above my buttock. Could this be due to something else. I have recently undergone aorta valve replacement and have been cleared by my cardiologist.
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

All symptomatic stones do not need immediate surgery

GO for a CBC and Liver panel

If the counts are on higher side with persistent pain and Ultrasound diagnosed stones and inflammed gallbladder you may plan removal of gall bladder

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead