Have gall stone. No vomiting, diarrhea or pain. Should I go for gall bladder removal surgery?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have been diagnosed with 1.55 MM gallstone during a regular health checkup. I have no symptoms like vomiting diarrhea,pain etc..should i go for gall bladder removal surgery?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 48 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Here are few facts that will clear your doubts

Gall stones up to 5 mm may easily pass through the common bile duct in to the duodenum[Small Intestine] as the upper limit of normal common bile duct on Ultrasound studies is 6 mm

Otherwise also solitary symptom less stones less than 5 mm and bigger than 1cm can be left alone

So you need not worry with your Gallstone but on a safer side go for a repeat ultrasound after 6 weeks or if symptoms appear

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon