Have fungal infection surrounding testicles, penis and ears. Looking for proper treatment

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Sir,

I'm in a need for dermatologist, for skin Fungal infection surrounding my testicles and penis part and also nearby my ears. I have consulted a doctor before 5 year for treatment and it was cured at that time, but I have started all again. Last time doctor prescribed Fuconazole Tablets, Paste with Betamethsone and clotrimazole and there were few others which I don't remember.

I feel Itching all the time near infected area and it increase a lot when there is prespiration / Sweating. I am looking for proper treatment.

Thank You,

Awaiting for your response.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX
For proper treatment, you need to be seen in person by a deramtologist & if you tell me where you hail from, perhaps i have a colleague nearby i can recommend.
The treatment you took earlier seems to suffice.
Use a Fluconazole 200mg tablet once/weekly for 2 weeks & then review if more required at weekly intervals for a further two weeks...this assuming your liver & kidney are fine & do remember it is a precription drug & one needs to see a doctor.
Locally, use a 2% ketoconazole soap that you may use on alternate days to the affected parts but leave on contact for 10 mts at least while bathing. This will act as treatment & as prevention for the future & one may use it once/twice/week later.
Mix a topical plain antifungal eg Zimig (1% terbinafine ) cream & betamethasone cream 1:1 & apply locally twice/day for 5 days & then use the plain antifungal for a further 2 weeks.
Treat all your clothes/undergarments/fomites well & wash in hot water & dry well in sunlight (good antifungal). Treat your close partners & spouse et al also for best results.
Cheers & wish you a clear skin!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India

Follow-up: Have fungal infection surrounding testicles, penis and ears. Looking for proper treatment 1 hour later
Hello Sir,

Thank You for help but can you please write me down as prescription what I have to buy from medical store ?

And yeah, I use to apply Clotrimazole powder on infected area to keep it dry. Do I need to still use it later ?

"Mix a topical plain antifungal eg Zimig (1% terbinafine ) cream & betamethasone cream 1:1 & apply locally twice/day for 5 days & then use the plain antifungal for a further 2 weeks XXXXXXX -- In this part which plain antifungal ? and Terbinafine and Betamethasone combined cream or separately ?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I am afraid young man we are not permitted to write a prescription per se on this web-site & it need not be honoured.
Please take a print out of my above discussion with you & your local pharmacist will happily help you out & explain how they are to be applied.
Stop clotrimazole powder use for 2 weeks while on these creams!
The plain antifungal is terbinafine cream (zimig).
Trust this explains my suggestions clearly.
As i said, please take it to the chemist..they understand us doctors best...better than our wives' ;-)
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Follow-up: Have fungal infection surrounding testicles, penis and ears. Looking for proper treatment 3 minutes later
Last Thing : -

.this assuming your liver & kidney are fine & do remember it is a precription drug & one needs to see a doctor. "" --- What do mean by this ?? is there chance of this spread over kidney or liver ?
I do something have to go to urine at small interval... is it related or its totally different ?

Thank You.

Hi
It means: these oral antifungals have side effects & they require the prescription of a registered medical practitioner (statutory warning) :)
Nope..that is something different ..not related!
Gnite & God Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD