Ask a Urologist   »  

Have friction burn on penis, applied cream. How long is it supposed to last?

Hi, i have friction burn on my penis glans and its been about a week and a half , i got some cream from my doctor,hyderm clotrimaderm mix a couple days ago but it doesnt seem to be getting better, i was using vitamine e before, it was helping to lubricate it better , how long is friction burn supposed to last? and how long should i be using the cream ?
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
Asked by AAAA, 29 minutes ago

Please write your answer below

Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The wound usually get reddish called healthy granulation tissue before finally healing. May be you are in the process; Rate of healing also depends on severity and mode of burn.
Pain should also subside then initial severity.
If you think it is really not improving then you may have developed local infection.
You should apply Tenovate-GM/Lobate-GM and Fucidin alternately every 6hourly for 7 days.
Local vitamin E do not have any role in healing and should be stopped.
If your symptoms do not come down in 3 days then you should also start an oral antibiotic like Levofloxacin 500mg orally daily.
You must wear a loose sterile dressings all the time.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!