Ask a Urologist   »  

Have fordyce spots and bump appeared on penis shaft. Any solution?

Infertility Specialist
A few months ago (around 7) a bump appeared on the skin of the shaft of my penis, the bump itself is tiny light pink in color and has not grown or changed in any way since appearing. I have been sexually active however my partner is clean and has no previous sexual history. I have fordyce spots and penile papules and this bump resembles a papule. I am in no pain or discomfort from the spot. Can you tell me what this may be?

Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 3 hours later

Well I can appreciate the Fordyce spots but I can't exactly appreciate the bump you have described in the photograph.

With your due apology, I just wanted to now whether you had any history of multiple sexual contacts.
A papular lesion as you have described can be a chancre although syphilis is very rare now a days. A dermatologist /venerologist need to see the lesion and confirm the diagnosis.

Fordyce spots are normal findings and need no treatment. If you are very much concerned, you can try a laser therapy.

Hope I have cleared your doubts. Write back if you have any queries.

Good luck...
Follow-up: Have fordyce spots and bump appeared on penis shaft. Any solution? 4 hours later

Thank-you for your reply, my last sexual contact with someone was approximately 6.5 years ago and protection was always used. This lesion I described appeared shortly after my current partner became sexually active (7+ months ago). In the last few months I was on antibiotics for a UTI that the doctor couldn't immediately identify so the antibiotics I was given would have treated syphilis/ghonnorea.

Is there a change that the bump as described could be a wart or is it possible it's benign?

Thank you for your assistance.
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 25 minutes later
Well since you have described that there is no change in size of the bump over a couple of months,it can very well be a benign. A malignant ones tend to grow rapidly. I still would suggest to keep a watch over it.
You can address this issue with your primary during your annual physical check up.
I suppose I have cleared your doubts.Write back if there are further queries.