Have fluid filled large lump on the inside of ear opening, sore to touch. What this might be?

I have what feels like a fluid filled large lump right on the inside of my ear opening. You can actually see it, it is very big (almost fills up the whole space of my ear hole) and feels very soft and fluid-filled. A few days ago, it was very very sore and did not feel "fluid-filled" but more solid. It is not as sore now. I'm wondering what this might be?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 51 minutes later

You seem to have Ear Canal Furuncle/Folliculitis. It is an infection of the external ear canal which leads to pain and swelling inside the ear canal. Some times, it can rupture and drain out purulent secretions. Occasionally, it softens and liquefies. Thats the likely stage in your case.

As of now, I would suggest the following:
a. Put warm compresses over the area so that its easier for the fluid to drain out
b. Also, you would need a course of oral antibiotics like amoxicillin-clavulanate.
Incising ( making a cut in this swelling to release the secretions) may also be required. Please see your general physician for the same.

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran