Have flu symptoms but also suffering from inflamed inner ear. Are these related?

I have flu symptoms but also suffering from inflamed inner right ear - could the symptoms be related to the inflamed inner ear? thanks
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later

Vertigo can occur if there is any problem in the inner ear. Since you had inner ear problem/infection and later you got vertigo problem, we can correlate it but unable to confirm without examination.

If you still have flue like symptoms then do concentrated salt water gargle, steam inhalation. You can take anti inflammatory drug like Paracetamol. If fever / bacterial infection then antibiotic is required.

Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular outdoor exercises. Breathing exercises will be good.

Consult your ENT doctor for further examination and management. Early diagnosis and management is the best treatment with disease. You may require imaging and tests like hearing test to diagnose your problem.

Hope I answered your question.

Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wish you good health. Take care.