Have flu, body chills, headache, chest pain, abdomen pain, vomited yellow substance, diarrhea. Normal?

Hello, I had the flu about 10 days ago and thought I was done with it. two days ago I went to the mountains to ski and shovel my driveway and maybe over exerted myself, but about two hours later I began having extreme body chills, headache, and chest pain when I took a XXXXXXX breath in. I cough when I breath too XXXXXXX and have chest and lower abdominal pain, its not a wet cough just a dry cough and my head pounds. I can't keep my feet or hands warm unless I load up on ibuprofin (800mg) had some vomiting of a yellow substance and also shortness of breath. I had an xray done to eliminate pnuemonia (had a rare case when I was 6) and tested neg for the flu. I have had 102 temp. the doc feels that it may be a bacterial infection in my lungs? Antibiotics have been prescribed.I haven't eatin in two days just lots of fluids. I've also had diarreah. Does this sound normal? I'm 34 and just don't want to be risking anything (my grandmother died of lung issue and I almost did when I was 6)
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 hours later
Hello and thanks for query,

I understand your concern and try to help you.

Since your x-ray is normal, it rules out pneumonia.

A high grade fever is usually associated with bacterial infection. Your doctor seems to be right in judging as bacterial infection and has rightly prescribed you antibiotics.

Wait for the antibiotics course to be completed for full effect.

Loss of appetite and few diarrheas are common with infection and high fever. Continue taking liquids and take soft diet.
You shall be alright soon.

I hope to have answered your query. However you can revert to me if you have any further query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.