Have flesh looking bumps on the back of throat after unprotected oral sex. Could this be STD?

Dermatologist
Question
I have orange/flesh looking bumps on the back of my throat. they appeared about 1 week after having unprotected oral sex with a female.

They do not hurt, i just feel like something is stuck in my throat. It is more of an annoyance then actual pain. i have had them for about 2 weeks now. Could this be a std or throat infection.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

Ive gone through your query and photos.

The photos are suggestive of throat infection more than STD.

The photos are more like granular tonsilitis and pharyngitis.Indicative of bacterial infection than any STD.

Also I would like to know-

Do you have ulcer in oral cavity?
Pain or tingling on lips or inner lips?
Did your partner had any visible ulcers or discharge on the genitals?
Do you have fever or malaise?

Answer the above questions to help you better.

A visit to your general practitioner or EarNose Throat surgeon would be helpful.

He can take a swab for culture and sensitivity of the bacteria and prescribe proper antibiotics.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for any further follow up.

DrSudarshan
STD specialist.

Follow-up: Have flesh looking bumps on the back of throat after unprotected oral sex. Could this be STD? 7 minutes later
Do you have ulcer in oral cavity? No I do not.
Pain or tingling on lips or inner lips? None of this.
Did your partner had any visible ulcers or discharge on the genitals? No she did not.
Do you have fever or malaise? Today I felt a little nauseous for about an hour. But for the past two week I have had no other symptoms.

I do however remember her saying she was getting her tonsils removed soon. I have no way of contacting her and asking about he current health. Could that possibly play a role in all of this ?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXX

Thanks for details.

It appears that you have got pharyngitis only and not an STD.
The ansence of ulcers and symptoms of nausea indicate it is an throat infection only.

A visit to your physician will confirm the diagnosis and proper antibiotics can be started for you.

Hope this helps.

DrSudarshan
STD specialist.