Have flesh colored bumps on labia. Having yeast infection. Pap smear came negative. Is this normal?

Question
I have these flesh colored bumps on my labia. I currently have a yeast infection. I had a recent pap smear and it came back negative. I was also tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea and that came back negative as well. Are these normal?
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

Yeast infection is the most common cause of vaginal dermatitis.

Boils can be due to infection of hair follicle or sweat glands.

Treat the candida vagintis by fluconazole orally or locally.

Apply nystatin cream.

For boils or bumps do hot fomentation with cotton soaked in hot water.

Maintain the area dry , wear cotton underpants , do not use any perfumed shower gels or deodorants.

You can sprinkle antifungal powder for the better results.

If they are painful take analgesics and anti inflammatory drugs under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome