Have flat shaped wart on hand. Starts bleeding after scratching. How to remove this?

Hello, I have some flat shaped wart like things on my hands ...they haven't really spread. Had them for a while now I had tried a wart freeze over the counter to remove them but are still there. I have picked at them
Before and they get brownish or bleed a bit. But hey don't itch or hurt at all.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Wart like things which bleed can be any of the following.
1. viral warts.
2. pyogenic granuloma.

As you mentioned it did not spread, most probably it can be pyogenic granuloma.
I would like to see the lesions before commenting further.
Kindly upload a few photographs of the lesions.
The definitive treatment of this condition will be surgical excision using radio frequency ablation.

Thank you
Follow-up: Have flat shaped wart on hand. Starts bleeding after scratching. How to remove this? 5 minutes later
Bled when I picked at them. And they are pinkish to skin toned they are only on my back of hand and maybe one or two on forearm they are very flat. Again they don't itch or hurt and had them for a bit now. Sometimes they look smaller on certain days. I recently had blood work for everything and everything is fine. Where would I upload photo? Here? I uploaded a photo to my profile. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 minutes later
Hello thanks for the quick response.
Both the conditions can appear in same way, so to differentiate I asked for a photograph.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."
Thank you
Follow-up: Have flat shaped wart on hand. Starts bleeding after scratching. How to remove this? 6 minutes later
I uploaded the photo. I have tattoos but you can see exactly where they are as the photo is a close up shot.
Thanks for the photographs.
They are quiet flat and smooth surfaced.
I can see 4 lesions, in two groups, two lesions are together in both groups.

Analysing your history and on the basis of photographs, I can rule out pyogenic granuloma as I earlier mentioned.

This is most probably a plane wart, as you can see two lesions together.
Usually warts spread, but once you acquire them, body develops immunity and their further spread can be contained.

Dont worry these can be easily removed by Radio frequency or Co2 Laser.
Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist.

If you want medical treatment, you can try Oint Tretinoin 0.5% ONCE DAILY for a month, this may give relief, but will take longer time.

Thank you