Have flat feet, pain and swelling in right ankle, weight gain. Want to take Movon P, Combiflam. What should be the dosage?

I have pain and slight swelling in my right ankle. I have flat feet and have put on 4 kg wt recently. I need quick remedy since I am travelling on work. Movon P or Combiflam? And what dosage?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Everybody in today's world wants quick results.

First of all it is important to know the reason the swelling.

For your current problem the common reason could be

1. Sprain while walking
2. Increase in uric acid knows as gout.

Please try following,

1. Take tablet paracetamol 500mg 3 times in a day. Please do not take any other drugs unless prescribed.
2. Apply any analgesic oint that you have.
3. Use pink elastic bandage which you should wear at work during the day.

In case you do not feel improved than it is advisable that you visit a doctor and get your self examined. He may advise some blood test as per need.

Apart from this as you have put on 4 kg weight, you need to keep a watch on this. Please visit your physician for this and try to look for the reason for same.

Please remain active,

Do regular exercise
Watch your diet
Avoid food high in calories.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case you do not have further query please accept the answer.