Have fever, back pain, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Diagnosed with gastroenteritis. Second opinion?

My symptoms are fever of 102.5, middle and lower back pain consistently that gets worse with movement, diarrhea, and mild pain on the upper right front abdomen. Went to the doctor today, was diagnosed with gastroentertitis, but I think it is something else besides that.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The symptoms you have point towards the diagnosis of gastroenteritis only.

I would like to know the reasons for your suspicion, so that I could think considering your views and rule out the other possibilities.

Well, such symptoms can sometimes be seen in gallbladder inflammation or stones and rarely due to appendicitis too.

Do write me your ideas and also mention if you have any other symptoms.

Also a best modality to find out the exact cause for such pain is an Ultrasound scan of the abdomen. If you got it done please attach the report here.

Waiting for your response,