Have feeling of movement in ear when swallow, also feels like air bubbles in back corner of tongue. Suggest?

I have feeling of movemet in my ear when I swollow . also feels like air bubbles in back corner of my toung. Sour gas taste.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome.

Your symptoms could most probably be due to a possible upper tongue are most probably your inflamed tonsils, which also apply pressure on the surrounding structures when you attempt to swallow, causing the sensation of movement in/around your ears. The sour taste in such cases is usually related to the bacteria stagnant on your tonsils (part of your upper respiratory tract) or weight loss due to a general loss of appetite or difficulty swallowing.

The first thing would be to visit a doctor to get your throat and ear canal examined, as these are the two most likely regions to be affected. Once examined, I am sure your doctor will choose to further investigate with laboratory confirmation of the condition, and will initiate a course of medications (in your case, most probably, antibiotics and other supportive medication).

In the meantime, you could try to consume food (in liquid form) and gargle your mouth with lukewarm salt water (which is a local disinfectant).

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me with any further clarifications or information. I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.