Have eye strain. Stinging sensation, tension headache, migraine, nausea. Due to scar below eye getting worse?

I've been suffering with chronic eye strain since last August (2012).

Lately, since maybe a month ago, I've been getting a random stinging sensation in my left eye (it's like briefly being poked with a needle, generally it only causes very brief pain). I'm wondering what this could be. Last visit to a doc was last November (2012) to see an optometrist. Pictures were taken of my eyes, nothing serious was found, other than a scar on the bottom of my left eye which had been seen the visit before it (beginning of October 2012). It did not appear to be getting worse at the time.

Could this be that scar getting worse? Or perhaps just a symptom of my usual eye strain (so far I've had burning in the back of both eyes all day long, tension headaches, migraines, nausea. All since last August, conditions worsening, then peaking at around November, where they appeared to have hit the top of the pain plateau). Maybe I have herpes in my eye somehow (I do suffer from fever blisters periodically; perhaps that type of herpes can spread to the eye? I haven't had a blister since sometime before the genesis of my chronic eye strain though).

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 38 hours later

From what you have described it may be just one of the symptoms of chronic eye strain. Eye scars do not cause any pain. So you can stop worrying about the scar.

Herpes of the eye is an extremely painful condition. You wont be able to open your eyes if you have herpes.

You can apply lubricating eye drops (Refresh Liquigel) four times per day. That should make you feel better.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any furthur queries, if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah