Have extreme sweating on head. What could be the cause?

hi im trying to find a cause for extreme sweating of my head its like someone is pouring a bucket of water on my head
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider life style, chronic diseases as cause.

Detailed Answer:

Excessive head sweating is mostly due to some hormonal problems, life style factors or chronic disease

In your case, I feel it's likely to be-
- Due to some lifestyle problems,
- Excessive exposure to heat, give rise to heat rash as well as excessive head sweating.
- Low blood sugar due to fasting, skipping meals, or over exhaustion lead to low blood sugar & head sweating.
- Tension, anxity, produces more head sweating.
- Family history may be one of the causes of more head sweating.
- Excessive head sweating may be an indication of over activity of thyroid hormone
- Some times the sweating is along with blood pressure, heart problem, thyroid over activity...
- In ladies head sweating is seen around menopause.

I hope I have satisfied your query. I will be happy to help if you have any more.