Have epididymitis and pain in testicle. What could be the problem?

I have epididymitis and it alternatives from pain in one testicle areas on one day to the other. Please can you explain what is going on as I am very confused. thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Typical symptoms of epididymitis sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Sir, epididymitis itself is the inflammation of the tubes that deliver and store sperm from the testicles. The main symptoms are pain and swelling in the scrotal region, where these tubes are located. This can at times result in pain in either one or both testicles; i.e. on one or both sides, or even alternatively. This is the common presentations sir. Please do not worry about this and I hope you are seeking medical treatment for the same sir. If not, please visit your doctor as epididymitis can be caused by various conditions like: medications, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections, etc. So the cause needs to be found, and accordingly treated. Most commonly treatment includes antibiotic coverage. I hope you found my response helpful and informative, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information, or if anything I explained is unclear. I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.