Have enlarged tonsils, feeling dizzy. Should I consult a doctor?

General Surgeon
My daughter (13) has enlarged tonsils, is dizzy and doesn't have a fever. She has felt bad since Sunday. Should I take her to the doctor?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

You should decidedly visit your doctor. Enlarged tonsils may be caused by bacterial infection and antibiotics might be necessary. Moreover, enlarged tonsils can lead to ear infection, breathing problems and sleeping problems. It can even affect the heart.
So, again do not wait for the fever and take your daughter to the doctor to make sure if there is any medical attention necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.