Have enlarged spleen. Treatment and medication required?

Question
We have problem in liver my spleen size is very large this time we take medicin but this is 3rd attamt my spleen is so lagre
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Please kindly be specific in your queries.
Is your liver enlarged or TILLI ( spleen ) or both of them?
What exactly are your symptoms?
What investigations have been done till date?
What medications you are taking ?
Do you consume excessive alcohol?

Please supply with these informations do that we can proceed ahead with our discussion.
Thanks

Follow-up: Have enlarged spleen. Treatment and medication required? 21 hours later
sir,

i uploed our X-ray report ,Ultra sound report,CECT WHOLE ABDOMEN & PELVIS Report Previos Month than from We Face this Problam so give me sugesition

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

It looks like you were unable to upload all the reports. I was only able to view the X-ray reports here.

Please upload all your reports again so that I am able to comment upon it along with details of any medication you are taking. Alternatively you can mail the reports to me at YYYY@YYYY . Address the mail with a subject line as "Attn: Dr. Pavan Kumar"

Awaiting your response...

Follow-up: Have enlarged spleen. Treatment and medication required? 22 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

i uploed our X-ray report ,Ultra sound report,CECT WHOLE ABDOMEN & PELVIS Report Previos Month than from We Face this Problam Kindly find the attach file of Reports .and give me your valuable sugesition

Thanks & Regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later

I have seen your reports and find that basically there are two issues

1... CLD with esophageal varies with portal hypertension and with enlarged spleen

2.. Lymph node enlargement in inguinal area.

1....Chronic liver disease ( CLD ) is basically a disease process which involves a progressive destruction and reservation of liver cells leading to fibrosis and cirrhosis.

There are various causes for CLD and the most common ones are alcoholic abuse and viral hepatitis and less common causes include hemochromatosis, autoimmune disorders, biliary cirrhosis, drug induced etc.

Since this topic is huge, I would want to restrict myself to the road ahead regarding management and treatment.

Treatments include:

Investigation and treatment of the underlying disease process - eg Wilson's disease, hemochromatosis, hepatitis
Abstinence from alcohol
Nutrition with adequate calories, protein, zinc, and VIT D supplementation
Regular exercise to maintain muscle mass

Management of complications like portal hypertension and bleeding from esophageal varices either by medicines or by varices banding or portcaval shunt

Since there is no treatment which can cure CLD, the aim of treatment is to delay the ultimate eventuality, which is liver failure. The last and ultimate treatment is LIVER TRANSPLANT and this transplant is the only definitive treatment.
2...since lymph nodes are enlarged, you have to get the biopsy done of these nodes to arrive at the diagnosis which could be tubercular, lymphoma etc

I hope it helps, however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Have enlarged spleen. Treatment and medication required? 7 hours later
Sir,

what can i do in this case. please give me sugessiton & Suggest any hospital or Docter in delhi

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 34 minutes later
You have to consult a gastroenterologist attached with the hospitals doing liver transplant also. Get yourself properly checked and evaluated and the decision that can be taken. Such hospitals are XXXXXXX XXXXXXX hospital, Appollo hospital, B.L. XXXXXXX hospital, Medanta hospital.
See to it, which hospital suits you the best and accordingly you can choose a gastroenterologist there.
There are plenty of good gastroenterologists in all of these super specialty hospitals.
Thanks