Have end stage renal failure, undergoing dialysis, have weak heart. Any naturopathy treatment?

Jan 2013

I am subasri from chennai (India). My father is suffering end stage renal failure and also his heart is week. He is under going dialysis three days a week for past 1 and half months. I want to know is there any naturopathy treatment is there to cure him? or any other method to cure?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 50 minutes later

End stage renal disease means kidney is shrunken due to fibrosis and as such no naturopathy is available which can change the fibrosed condition of kidney.

The only thing which can help patient is renal transplant, judgement for this is made by treating doctors.

This depends on multiple factors such as age, assocoiated cardiac/liver disease (difficult in your father's case as he has weak heart).

So renal dialysis is temporary solution while transplant is permanent and most effective solution.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have end stage renal failure, undergoing dialysis, have weak heart. Any naturopathy treatment? 16 hours later
Is there any option other than transplant as doctor has not adviced for this as his age is 75 and also having heart problem. even if he has twice a week dialysis it will be ok. He is very weak.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 hours later
If transplant has already been dropped considering his age and condition, then hemodialysis is the only left option.
You can also ask for peritoneal dialysis by your treating physician.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava