Have emetophobia and it causes anxiety and panic attacks. Have had cbt therapy. On propanolol. Permanent cure?

I have emetophobia and it interferes a lot with my daily life so much so that it causes anxiety and panic attacks. I have had cbt therapy twice and it hasn't cured it although it cured some off my ocd behaviors at the time like a fear of touching door handles and buttons on the bus and excessive hand washing. I am now on propanolol for my anxiety but would like to be cured of emetophobia in a better way but I can't stand the thought of flooding therapy is there any other way I can be cured?
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 3 hours later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

I understand how hard its on you to deal with the emetophobia.

Based on the information provided you are wanting to know about any other way to get rid of "flooding therapy"

Flooding does play an important part in treating irrational fears, and a continuous exposure will register in brain and will help in reducing the fears from the core.

The answer to your question is yes their are other therapies but the result are not equivocal to the flooding, other therapy is "HYPNOSIS" and some medicines will only cure till you use them.

Hope it helps.

Please feel to contact me in case of further clarifications/ concerns.