Have dyskaryosis. Done biopsy. Should I be worried?

May 2013
My daughter has moderate dyskaryosis. She has had 2 biopsyses taken but has been told that the "problem" is too high up to be done under local and she needs a general anaesthetic. Should I be worried? How will this affect her future re pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later

in case of moderate dyskaryosis there are many treatment options to remove the abnormal cells like cryo therapy, laser therapy, cone biopsy, LLETZ(large loop excision of the transformation zone) etc.
some of these procedures are painful and patient co-operation will become difficult, so general anesthesia is preferred sometimes, as moderate dysplasia is only having abnormal cells and not established cancer no need to worry, it can be cured with above procedures usually.

after procedure particularly in cases like cone biopsy, LLETZ etc,
-cervical stenosis may result that can lead to some problems in fertility,
-premature labor,
-delayed labor,
-premature rupture of membranes etc problems may occur, but these are not common and can be managed to have safe pregnancy and delivery usually.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.