Have dysfunctional eustation tube in ear and pressure on nose after blowing. What is the cause?

ENT Specialist
I have a dysfunctional eustation tube in my right ear following a year infection 1 hear ago. I habitually hold my nose and breathe to clear the ear pressure. Now have a pressure sensation on the bridge of my nose down the side of it and in my cheeks. Has this habit caused this? I went to see an ent specialist who examined me and said that he saw no evidence of anything. Not sure what do....
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 58 minutes later

I have gone through your query regarding eustachian tube dysfunction of your right ear for last one year. You are clearing it by blowing your nose against pinched nose and you are feeling pressure over bridge of nose and right of cheek.

You are been examined by an ENT doctor and no abnormality is detected on clinical examination.

If you are still in any doubt about eustachian tube dysfunction, then you may get examined by TYMPANOMETERY. This is a very simple and non invasive test and this will tell all about your middle ear along with eustachian tube functioning activity.

I hope this will clear about query.

Follow-up: Have dysfunctional eustation tube in ear and pressure on nose after blowing. What is the cause? 1 hour later
The pressure does not be present when I wake in the mornings, it seems to be more apparent as the day goes on. If. Don't think about it I don't notice it, it is not painful just a pressure. I Went to two different doctors and they checked inside my eyes to ensure there was no XXXXXXX pressure and again this was normal. Does this sound like I am creating the pressure sensation by blowing through my nose?
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 56 minutes later

Welcome back,

Regarding your doubt I am suspecting it may be psychological as two doctors have already checked and found nothing.But even if you are not satisfied than above test ( Tympanometery ) is a very simple test and it will disclose the entire status of your middle ear.

Secondarily this test gives the comparative status of both ears. Some times middle ear dysfunction is so minimal that it appears normal on clinical examination, but on doing this test we are able to find out some minor problems and they are than manage accordingly.