Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry, tight and cracking foreskin. Will it be safe to apply clotrimazole on it?

I am 33 years old, 5ft 6in, 152lb and consider myself healthy. The foreskin of my penis is very dry, tight and cracking. It tears sometimes and has been happening for about 5 weeks now. I am going to try to use clotrimazole but i would like your advice on how to apply it. Do i just need to apply it to the foreskin on the dry area? How often and for how long ? Is clotrimazole the best solution for this ?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later

If its dry, scaly and itchy in the region of foreskin , then you can apply clotrimazole. Its one of the usually suggested option.Apply it to dry skin skin and skin close to it.
You can apply it twice a day and for two weeks or till symptoms persist.

With tight skin, one should always be able to roll foreskin back and forth over the glans of penis.If that is not happening due to tight skin, it's time to see doctor.As this can lead to an emergency in case where skin gets stuck behind glans cause swelling of glans.

Hope this answers your question.please ask if there are doubts.Regards.