Have dry eye with vision power. How to cure this?

Mar 2013
Hi i would like to join the indian army as an officer. My name is XXXXXXX 23 from india.
I have an eye condition with near sightedness of -3.25 both eyes. i also have a condition of dry eyes which has been there for almost 1 and half years.
I would like to know if i will be able to clear the medical examinations with these conditions?
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Thanks for your query
For joining the Indian army, the limit of myopia is - 4.
With glasses, your eyesight should be normal.
Dry eyes would definitely be aggravated in army conditions, however, it is not a contra indication for joining the army unless the condition is severe and has led to some damage to the epithelium of the cornea.
The exact fitness regarding dry eyes would depend on the severity of the disease as assessed during your medical fitness.
All the best.
Follow-up: Have dry eye with vision power. How to cure this? 11 hours later
Thank you for your reply Doctor.
I would also like to mention that i have this allergy which produces a kind of white ropy discharge. My eye doctor says its due to the dryness.
Again would this also be a condition for rejection in the medical examination?.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
What is the allergy to ?
If it is to dust particles, etc, then chances of that occurring in Armed forces is very high.
Also, it is a cause of rejection only if severe enough to have caused damage to the epithelium of cornea.
A thorough eye check up would make that clear.
Also, if the glasses prescribed for your myopia protect against exposure to the allergy too, then there should be no hindrance.