Have dry and swollen penis with pain in urinary tract. Worried for STD

Hi I have pain in the Urinary Tract. I am afraid about STDs.
had sex with a stranger a week before and then have been masturbating continuously for a week. I am not sure whats the cause for this. The urinary tract is painful and the slit of the penis is dry and swollen a bit. When I tried splitting the urinary slit, it was bit reddish inside. I also have some pain in the nodes (lymph nodes) I suppose. I am willing to hear what you got to say
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 15 minutes later

Urinary tract infection(UTI) usually presents with suprapubic pain( pain above pubic bone in midline) with frequency and burning sensation during urination.

STD's are usually asymptomatic i.e without any signs or symptoms. Even though you have no symptoms, you're still at risk of passing the infection along to your sex partner.
If you think you have STD symptoms or have been exposed to an STD, see a doctor. Some STDs can be treated easily and eliminated, but others require long term treatment.

I recommend you to:
1. Get urine microscopy and culture if you have symptoms of UTI.
2. Get a STD profile if you have an history of exposure.
3. Use barrier contraceptive and practice safe sex.

Hope this helps.
If you have further queries i will be happy to help.

Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Have dry and swollen penis with pain in urinary tract. Worried for STD 7 minutes later

Thanks for the response. I had safe sex (using condoms) with the stranger. Past one week, I had been masturbating quite a bit. Is this can be a reason for pain the tract? Also, if its UTI, what are the symptoms. Does STD have any correlation to pain in the tract?

I guess this will be my last follow up question. So I suppose to hear in detail before deciding to go and visit a doctor.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for the followup question.

Good that barrier contraception was used. Chances of getting STD infection is minimum.
Chlamydia infection can present with symptoms may include:Painful urination and Lower abdominal pain. Masturbation could have exaggerated the symptom. Diagnosis is by swab test.

Since you have used condom, STD transmission is very less likely.
I recommend you to get a urine microscopy and culture done and XXXXXXX your doctor for treatment.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Have dry and swollen penis with pain in urinary tract. Worried for STD 3 minutes later

One final question. Is STDs possible by rubbing outer parts of genetelia together. The insertion wasn't a problem. I'm just worried about normal skin to skin contact of private areas.

Chymadia treatable?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 6 minutes later

Any form of genital contact transmits STD infection.
Chlamydial infection is completely treatable. Azithromycin 1gm oral is the treatment of choice.

Hope this answers your query.
Dr Nilofer