Have developed cataract that makes night vision poor. Should I go fro multifocal lens or monofocal lens?

I have developed a cataract that makes night vision very poor, also in bright daylight. I am trying to decide if I should get a multifocal lens or a monofocal lens replacement. Complications and recovery time seem to be longer with multfocal IOA.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 29 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
We feel that with monofocal lenses we know that we will need glasses for reading.
Probably there is something lacking in the design of multifocals all patients are not comfortable,either there is higher expectation due to a top end lens being put in,or as i said something lacking.
You have to have the other eye operated soon,we suggest within 2 weeks,that being another binding.
Most surgeons aim at reasonably comfortable vision for both near and distance,not 100% accuracy.
Another factor is do you want better near and mid distance,as tv and computer or far distance,as one compromises the other.
Such restrictions are not there with monofocals.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Have developed cataract that makes night vision poor. Should I go fro multifocal lens or monofocal lens? 9 hours later
I really want to have improved night vision as well as watching tv. At the present time I can not read dialogue on the ty creen without glasses. I have the same situation in the movies.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This improvement will be there,with both multifocal or monofocal.
You will have all these problems removed with surgery and there is no reason for you to delay it any further.