Diagnosed far sighted, using progressive lens, trouble reading and working on computer. Is it normal ?

Hi I was wearing progressive lens only for last 6 months and before that just reading glasses. I was diagnosed as far sighted by doctor. Suddenly within last few days I had trouble reading and working with computer. I got it checked with the doctor and my power has increased slightly. Now I have +2.5 spherical on my left and +2.25 on my right eye. I only comfortable with prescribed glasses. The simple reader does not help anymore. Is this NORMAL?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012