Have cuts on labia. Home swab test for yeast infection negative. Cause and cure?

I have recently begun having very small slices or paper cuts on my labia, in between the lips, sometimes as high as my clitoris. I might have one or two and then they go away, and a few days later one or two might appear in a different spot. I have taken the home swab test for a yeast infection and it was negative. I do not have an STD, and have been tested. What are these caused from and how do I treat them?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
The small tears on the vaginal lips can be due to skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection.

If the area is sore, itchy, associated with pain, lump like, burning during urination and has any discharge then it can be indicative of any infection and requires evaluation.

Sometimes just itching can also be due to allergic dermatitis.

Some measures for you:

1)Apply icepack on the area and then observe for any changes.

2)Apply calamine lotion for relief.

3)Keep the area dry and apply Neosporin powder after consulting your Primary Physician.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.