Have cough and suffer hoarse voice. Noticed green mucus. Had tonsillitis. Concerned?

Hi my six year old son has had a cough which is at its worst in the evening and morning for around three weeks. He also has a hoarse voice and now has greeny mucus coming out of his nose. he had tonsilitus 4 weeks ago and had antibiotics. he has no temperature but I am concerned that he is still not recovered.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
likely a case of recurrent sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Recent history of sore throat, cough and new onset nasal discharge suggest infection is possibly not resolved.
There are possibility as
1. It is converted to sinusitis with postnasal discharge. That's why he is having greenish discharge from nose.
2. Another possibility is that there is dormant infection in tonsils which may cause recurrent symptoms.

You need to consult your ENT physician again for examination and change of antibiotics. It is not a serious infection but it still need sensitive antibiotics.
Meanwhile start gargle with warm water and steam inhalation.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.