Have copper coil fitted. Getting pain in pelvis, hip, vagina and anal canals. Cause and cure?

I have a copper coil and had it fitted for approx 1.5 years and the last 6 weeks i have had pelvic and hip pain on the RHS also sharp pains in my vagina and anal canals can the coil be causing this and what is it
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The pain in the pelvis and hip along with pain in the vaginal and anal canals is likely to be related to a nerve compression at the level of sacrum or coccyx.
A pelvic inflammation is also likely due to the copper coil.
You need to consult an orthopedician who after proper investigations like X-ray and MRI will rule out any nerve compression.
Ultrasound scan of the pelvis is also indicated to detect any abnormality related to the reproductive tract.
Vulvodynia also needs to be ruled out after getting yourself physically examined by your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have copper coil fitted. Getting pain in pelvis, hip, vagina and anal canals. Cause and cure? 16 hours later
Thank you
Would you also recommend for the coil to be removed
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
There is no need to remove the coil immediately. First the cause needs to be confirmed after proper investigations.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.