Have constant burping. Tried antacid. What should I do?

For the last year I have been constantly burping when I am not laying down. I have no heartburn, acid reflux and no odor to the belching. It doesn't matter if I eat or don't eat, burping continues, sometimes hundreds and hundreds of time. I have tried every antacid on the market OTC and prescription. I tried regalin which worked for a month and now it doesn't work. Nothing works, what should I do. I am waiting for a referral to a gastroentrologist which i may receive. I cannot afford expensive testing. I am at wits end. HELP!!!!! XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be cancer but endoscopy may be done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

I understand your situation. This can really be troublesome. However, as there are no other symptoms, it is unlikely to be anything serious. Apart from antacids some other meds can be tried, but by prescription only. Your gastroenterologist may suggest those to you. An upper GI endoscopy may be done to rule out any serious pathology but it is unlikely at this point. Any other expensive tests like CT scans and all may be unnecessary.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,
Follow-up: Have constant burping. Tried antacid. What should I do? 1 hour later
In the mean time, what can I do NOW to help me stop or lessen my burping? What kind of prescription medicine are we talking about? Can I talk to an gastroenterologist on this chat?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 hours later
Apologies for the late reply. There are medicines to increase gastric motility. These are not available over the counter. I used domperidone along with antacid for better symptom relief.
Surely you can talk to gastroenterologist here.

Follow-up: Have constant burping. Tried antacid. What should I do? 15 hours later
may I talk with a gastrentrologist on this site.
Please contact me. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
I have informed XXXXXXX authority

Detailed Answer:

I cannot directly transfer this query to another specialist. However I have informed the related authority to help you discuss with a gastroenterologist. You should hear from them very soon.