Have cold sore on lower lips. Getting bigger in size when touched. Could it be cancerous?

I had a cold sore on my bottom lip about 9 weeks ago and has healed just fine and normal, but has left a small (maybe 2-3mm) reddish bump that is flat in the morning and then if I eat alot, or touch it alot it gets bigger in size and pulsates to the beat of my heart. I can not feel the pulsing, but can easily see it. If I leave it alone then it will go back down to almost flat. It is located on the left lower lip right at the top of the lip where the outer lip and inner lip XXXXXX Very!!! stressed this is cancerous. Primary MD thinks it is scar tissue along with maybe a veriscosity, but I will be seeing a derm....but not for a month. Very anxious....any answers?? Thank you so much.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be haemangioma, mucous cyst, varicosity or granuloma pyogenicum. All of the above possibility is benign swellings of vascular origin.

None of them is cancerous growth or a serious condition requiring urgent attention. So there is nothing to be worried about. You can comfortably wait till you see your dermatologist.

Also I would like to know-

What the color of the swelling and adjoining mucosa is? Can you visualize the small blood vessels around it?

If you can upload the photos of the affected area (nipple and base of penis) it will be extremely useful to understand about the condition better. There is a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.”

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attentiotion Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply...