Have cold sore and noticed blisters on lip. Chances of getting infected by genital herpes?

Oncologist, Radiation
Hi. I've had cold sores for many years and I'm usually very careful about them.
At the moment I have a blister on my lip which I am still not sure if it's a cold sore as it's not a typical outbreak. Last night me and my boyfriend kissed; at some point, he licked his finger and then used it to masturbate me. Could I get genital herpes from that contact? Thank you for your answer
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 52 minutes later
Thanks for posting at XXXXXXX forum.
Cold sores are caused mainly by sometimes, causing recurrent cold sores.

Generally, it is a lifelong process nothing serious.

You should be careful if you have suffered from any major disease or eczema,
Generally, cold sores reactivated on major illness, stress, menstruation, sunlight.

You should try enough sleep, multivitamin & mineral, and avoidance from triggering factors.

Anybody who has already been infected with HSV 1 has no chance of second infection at another part of body.

Hope this answers your queries. Keep me posted for follow-ups.