Have chronic kidney disease stage 3. Experiencing pain after urinating. Cause for concern?

My right side hurts I have ckd stage 3 when I'm almost done urinating it hurts
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 30 minutes later

I would like to know some more information on your problem to help you better.

Since how many days are suffering from pain?
Where exactly do you have pain-abdomen or back?
What was the cause of CKD?Is it polycystic kidney disease?
Do you have history of kidney stones?
Have you undergone any investigations?

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have chronic kidney disease stage 3. Experiencing pain after urinating. Cause for concern? 2 hours later
I have had pains in my ride side back for a few days and when I urinate it hurts at the end. Currently seeing a nephrolougist don't go back to may until may but they think its related to my hypertension problems I have had for years. Polyps removed twive from my ureatha twice and pre eclampsia twice to the poin I had to deliver both girls early and was told to not have anymore kids
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 7 hours later

Thanks for the response.

Hypertension is associated with chronic kidney disease, but the complaints you described does not seem to signify any major disease or pathology. However I would suggest you to run a few tests - ultrasonography of kidney and urinary bladder and a urine test to evaluate the urine outflow process.

If ultrasonography and urine test show normal findings, then you need not be worried.

In addition, discuss with your nephrologist about fluid intake and keep hydrated accordingly. This may help.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.