Have chest pain. Take Ascitrom. All test normal. Given Sampraz. Had pulmonary thrombosis. Suggest?

I have left side chest pain, Now i take Ascitrom 3 mg 6 days and 4 mg one day in a week, My ECG is normal, BP is normal, INR 1.86, No Sugar, HDL 44.0, LDL 147.6, VLDL 18.4, CHOLESTROL 210,
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Dear sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well you havent wrote what is your question about . What i could interpret is that you suffered from angina thats why all these testing was done but why were you started on Acetrom when everything is normal . Were your cardiac enzymes raised or some other issue. Kindly elaborate your problem.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have chest pain. Take Ascitrom. All test normal. Given Sampraz. Had pulmonary thrombosis. Suggest? 23 minutes later
I had the accident in Feb 2012, and suffered from pulmonary thrombosis. so doctor has preferred Ascitrom now i have the left side chest pain dr has preferred Sampraz D20,and Rozucor ASP 10 for 30 days.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for getting back.

Left sided chest pain can be a symptom of many diseases . Even if your ECG is normal it cannot exclude angina as it is a dynamic process . First thing is to exclude any cardiac etiology so i would suggest you to see a cardiologist and get a 2D - ECHO and coronary angiography done to completely exclude it .

Your treating doctor has prescribed Sampraz D 20 which acts against acidity as he possibly thought the pain is due to acid peptic disorder which can be a possibility. The other one is Rosuvastatin that corrects the lipid profile and also reduces the cardiac event risk.

You can keep taking these medicines . A Chest x XXXXXXX will also be required to see for any pulmonary cause.

Dr. Shruti