Have cesarean kids, have heard that Suvarnaprash is very good for immunity. Suggest?

Ayurveda Specialist
I have heard that Suvarnaprash is very good for kids for immunity.
My both the kids are ceaseran born . Should I give them the same .Pls advise
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Age & Dosage

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your query about Immunization (suvarn prashan) for your children and yes "suvarn prashan" is equally effective in strengthening the Immunity just like vaccination.

Before I explain the procedure of Suvarn prashan, can I request you to kindly tell me the age and weight of your children's - so that Dosage schedule, of suvarn (gold) can be decided to act as an Immuno-modulator

Please revert back with your concerns
Dr.Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Follow-up: Have cesarean kids, have heard that Suvarnaprash is very good for immunity. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hello Dr. Munish,

My daughter will 7 years coming Nov. 25 her wt : 19 kgs
and my son is 5 years old / his Wt : 16 kgs
My daughter is very lean and my son is ok in health , but his voice is very coarse .
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Immunomodulation Dosage

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for furnishing the details for better Dose Adjustment of your children.

1. Going by the Weight for Age of your children both are equally good and are according to the parametres laid by World Health Organization (W.H.O). Both their ages are appropriate as per WHO recommendations.
2. As the name is indicating Suvarn (gold) and Prashan (to lick): Suvarnprashan is a mixture of Gold, Cow’s ghee and honey. Gold provides anti bacterial action against different organisms but when mixed with honey and ghee, it widens its spectrum of action to stimulate body immune cells and thus protect child from different harmful organisms for a long duration.
3. Usually when parents come to my Clinic for Ayurveda Immunization, I usually give them Drops according to Age, and since you have mentioned the Age, which is above 3 years thus 64 drops (3 drops daily) for a period of 21 days is what is required for your children.
4. You can contact Ayurveda Physician there or an Ayurveda Hospital where such camps are being organised and suvarnprashan is imparted.

Do let me know if you need further clarifications

P.S: previously regime was to give 1 drop to the child (same day of every month) which was a cumbersome and tedious procedure both to the Doctor as well as to the parents, thus this new and effective formulation has come into practice and followed in XXXXXXX

Dr. Munish Sood
Follow-up: Have cesarean kids, have heard that Suvarnaprash is very good for immunity. Suggest? 3 days later
Thanks doctor for the detailed reply,

your reply has also opened my eyes to a certain extent as what my friend told me was to take the children every month on a particular day ( porusamavasya day.. i m not sure ) and the doctor gives 2- 3 drops for the whole month .

anyway as per your suggestion I will contact the ayurveda doctor also before giving this dose, The date given to me is 2nd september .
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Best Wishes

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the compliments.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Munish Sood