Have bump on forehead, given azithomycin and sulfameth for infection but no help. Have headache swollen eye. Suggest?

hi i have a bump on my forehead, i went to a dr and he said that it was an infection, and he give me some antibiotics and there not helping me they are azithromycin tablets USP,and sulfameth/trimethoprim i have been taking them for 4 days and i feel there not helping me , i have a heache, my left eye ,itch and swoling please help.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
short duration leison-could be boil/insect bite.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear

Welcome to the platform of Health care magic.

For such a lesion in the exposed part of the body. to explain it better (history) duration of lesion is important to know.

If the history of such lesion is short, means two to three days along with headache and pain then there is possibility of infected small boil or insect bite is scratched unknowingly. This acute lesion should respond to proper cleaning, application of some antiseptic cream along with some anti inflammatory analgesic medicine.

But if this lesion is in you forehead for one or two months and is gradually increasing then one should contact dermatologist or ENT surgeon to rule out the beginning of rodent Ulcer.

Hope the query is answered.