Have bump above butt hole that itches and bleeds. How to treat it?

Question
i have a bump about the size of a pee right above my butthole that itches and bleeds. what is it? and how do i treat it?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Firstly you need to be examined by a surgeon.There are many possibilities here from a infected cyst/abscess to a pilonidal sinus that can be accurately diagnosed only by examination.Treatment will depend on that.You may need it to be surgically removed.
I suggest that you see a surgeon and get he diagnosis confirmed.It may need surgery and will definitely need antibiotics.

Follow-up: Have bump above butt hole that itches and bleeds. How to treat it? 57 minutes later
i have had it for about 2-3 years and i hve kept it clean with alcohol and peroxied...im not insured so is there any kind of oinment that i can try and can you give me an idea as to what it might be?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Since you have had it for a long time, its obviously infected. It could be a sinus or a cyst but impossible to confirm without examination. I really dont think an ointment will work here if its longstanding.