Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?

I have blurred vision in my left eye, which has just shown up. Also, I had bloody stools in my bowel movement this morning. I'm 89 years of age.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bloody stools is not related to blurred vision.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Iam Dr. Dadapeer and I answer health problems related to eye

It seems from the history that you have blurring of vision in left eye and you had bloody stools.

Bloody stools is not related with your symptoms of eye as these two are usually not related to each other.

Coming to your eye problem of blurring of vision, it can be caused by a wide range of diseases affecting the eye.
If the blurring of vision is not associated with pain, first thing I will consider because of your age is cataract. Other things can be refractive error. These conditions require treatment by prescription of glasses and if cataract is advanced it may require surgery.
If the blurring of vision is associated with symptoms like pain, redness then it can be because of inflammations like uveitis, corneal ulcer. These conditions require evaluation and treatment by a eye doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you