Have blood clots in brain and having headache. Is it safe to go through chemotherapy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
i have a blood clots in my brain.constant headache.few docters suggest chemotherapy....do i have to go through chemotherapy?
is there any death threat? will i survive? please answer me.thanx
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 41 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that there is no need to worry, and most problems in the brain can be treated well with medications.

Blood clots in brain are usually due to clotting in the brain veins or arteries, and both respond very well to medications.

In your case, any MRI or CT scan of the brain has been done or not? If done, what did the report show? if you can tell me that, I can guide you better.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad

Follow-up: Have blood clots in brain and having headache. Is it safe to go through chemotherapy? 22 hours later
MRI // CT SCAN has been done in uk ...and doctors sked to go through chemotherapy.

is it a cancer? can blood clots in brain causes cancer? pls suggest.

P.S- This case is related to my fiancee who lives in uk,
Thanx

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 17 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Blood clots in the brain are not related to cancer, but they are due to clotting of blood in brain veins or arteries.

They respond very well to treatment.

So there is no need to worry.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Have blood clots in brain and having headache. Is it safe to go through chemotherapy? 9 minutes later
thank you so much for the positive response Dr. I really appreciate.

i jus wants to know only one thing which i m most worried abt,,chemotherapy? will it affect health or hair loss or any damange..bcoz i have heard that chemo causes a damage?

Thanx

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 15 minutes later
The side effects of chemotherapy depends on the drug used. Most drugs used today are safe and do not cause hair loss.

If you know the name of the chemo agent, I can provide more information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)