Have blood blister on scrotum. How to get rid of this?

My husband has a blood blister on his scrotum, he has tried to drain it several times but it keeps filling up. What do we do now?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later

History of symptoms suggest that most likely your husband is suffering from Fordyce type angiokeratoma which is a common and benign skin disorder and it has no affect on the sexual health of the person except that it is an embarrassment to you.

It doesn't lead to any complication except that it may get infected and result in pain.

The most common methods of removing scrotal blood blisters involve electrocoagulation, cryotherapy, or laser therapy. In the event of more complicated infections, excision can be done.

You may consult a dermatologist for the diagnosis and it's treatment.

I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Follow-up: Have blood blister on scrotum. How to get rid of this? 20 hours later
My husband wanted to inform you that the blood blister came after he was shaving that area with an electric shaver and it must have pulled a hair or the skin, shortly after the blood blister appeared.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later

I would advise you to consult a surgeon and subject your husband for a physical examination and evaluation. If the lesion is simple,then he can excise it.
It is always better to consult a surgeon rather than doing anything of your own.