Ask a Urologist   »  

Have been suffering from phimosys since childhood. My foreskin retracts very little. Help?

Question
I have been suffering from phimosys since childhood. My foreskin retracts only a very little.
Please help me with my problem and suggest treatment.
Please suggest me solutions other than circumcision if there are any. Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 59 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

As far as proper treatment is concerned I am afraid, circumcision is the only definitive treatment.

If you are married and having trouble in having relation with your wife you can use condom for having some relief.

Please do not shy away from this minor procedure and get it done.

Looking to your age this mostly will be done under local anesthesia only and there is not much post operative care to be taken.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Have been suffering from phimosys since childhood. My foreskin retracts very little. Help? 13 hours later
Thanks for your response Sir. But I have heard about ballooning products like Novoglan. Can those help me as I don't want to loose my foreskin. Also it would be great if you can give me a rough idea of how much circumcision may cost. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 41 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Please note that no procedure other then surgery offers permanent cure.

There is no problem after surgery and loss of foreskin is not going to cause any problem to you.

The cost depends upon the surgeon to surgeon and type of hospitals you choose.

Please take advise from your family doctor about this.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Have been suffering from phimosys since childhood. My foreskin retracts very little. Help? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor for your valuable inputs.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for feedback.

Please accept the answer and rate it.

Wishing you best of health.

Dr.Pragnesh