Have been farting a lot that leaves stains and sweaty anus. Have normal stool test. Underlying cause?

General Surgeon
I've been farting a lot for the last few months, really bad farts the leave stains. Also have a sweaty anus problem for a few months . I've already been to a dietition and given a sample, he said everything was fine. Any ideas what could be causing it?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 36 minutes later
Hi XXXXX This is Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

A few more information from you will be more helpful in solving your problem :
1) Do you eat frequently from outside such as fast and fried food ?
2) How is you bowel habits ? Do you have loose motions and constipation in alternating bouts ?

If the above are true, then I would like to suggest a high roughage diet along with plenty of liquids for you as your diet.

In the meanwhile you can go for a routine stool test for ova and cyst. Your symptoms could be due to amoebiasis which is not infrequent now a days. This can be treated with some anti amoebic drugs if need be.

Also you can go for regular exercises, a high roughage diet as already explained, and a proton pump inhibitor along with a probiotic.

If you have got any other related questions, you are welcomed to ask. Awaiting for your reply. Good luck.