Have basal cell carcinoma on face change with ulceration and bleeding. Is there reason for concern?

I have a basal cell carcinoma on the face which has been there for a year. Recently there has been a change with ulceration and bleeding.I may have to wait for surgery for a while.Is there reason for concern?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later

Basa cell carcinoma is a localised skin cancer.

It may be diagnosed clinically.

Histopathologically one should confirm it.

In your case, as you said, I think it must be confirmed.

If it is so, you should not wait for surgery.

Complete excision of the lesion and little normal skin surrounding the lesion would be the best procedure to cure the BCC.

So, to prevent further progress and deformity due to BCC, early surgery is needed.

So, please discuss with you doctor and be free of the disease.

I hope you might be satisfied with my answer.

Still, if any query,you are welcome.

Have good health.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD