Have bad taste in mouth, pain in ribs and gall bladder problems. Does gall bladder problems cause a change in taste?

can you have a bad taste in the mouth with gull bladder problems, and also can the pain be more in the centre and a little to the left of the ribs, and can this also go to the shoulder blade area?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for the question. It is certainly possible that problems with the gallbladder can cause changes in taste. Also pain can be associated with this in the right upper quadrant or in the left upper quadrant. sometimes stones in the gallbladder can cause problems with drainage from the pancreas. This can also contribute to pain that radiates to the shoulder. In your case I am concerned that you might have developed what we call pancreatitis. This is something that should be evaluated as soon as possible. Thanks again for sending your question. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Have bad taste in mouth, pain in ribs and gall bladder problems. Does gall bladder problems cause a change in taste? 17 hours later
with this pain it makes it hard to take a deep breath and I feel full all the time. Is that normal for gallbladder? It also makes it hard to sleep as I have to lay on my left side and then the pain goes away but not completely..just enough so I can go back to sleep. It sorta feels like you get squished when you sit say to travel and if you move to the right from the trunk it feels that normal for gallbladder? I am going in to see my doctor tomorrow..
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 32 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibilities Detailed Answer: hello again. I think it is possible that dysfunction of the gallbladder or pancreas could contribute to any of the symptoms which you have described. Sometimes changing position can relieve pressure on these organs. Again there is no substitute for a good focus consultation and physical examination I am glad that you have arranged for this tomorrow. Your doctor may also request laboratory evaluation and possibly imaging studies. Thank you again for sharing your healthcare concerns with us. Dr. Robert