Have atrial fibrillation, done TEE and cardio inversion. Is it safe to ride on roller coasters with this condition?

ive had a-fib for month now on tues and TEE and cardio inversion shocked for 4 time it would go out of a-fib for few min and back in. im 55 5'7" 168 lbs never been sick before ride coasters all the time. going tomorrow to ride milleum force 330' 80 degree drop 93 mph.ive rode this over 300 time. is it safe to ride with this condition? my cardio say its ok want 2nd opion
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 16 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.

Usually in a 55 year old person without any valvular disease if LA is not large (that is what I could infer from your mail) Atrial Fibrillation responds to DC cardioversion in more permanent manner we put such patients on Amiodarone or Diltiazem (some people prefer Flecainide)for few months so that sinus rhythm is maintained. This is in addition to Warfarin as anticoagulant. If this fails to maintain sinus rhythm we bring in cardiac electrophysiologist in picture who opines after discussing with the patient that radio frequency ablation to isolate pulmonary veins ought to be performed or not. We have been successful in many patients by this approach where first DC cardioversion failed.

What you doctor who did DC has to say about:
1.Post cardioversion drugs chemical induction of sinus rhythm
2. RF ablation of pulmonary veins.

Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Have atrial fibrillation, done TEE and cardio inversion. Is it safe to ride on roller coasters with this condition? 10 hours later
So should I ride the coaster or not. You never really answered my question. I know what i got, I want your opinion if I should ride or not. we are leaving now so thanks for nothing
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later

There is no relation to ventricular rate of Atrial Fibrillation by riding roller coaster whatever degrees/drop or force it has. You can do it as a perfectly normal person. No difference in opinion with your doctor.

Well I did think that you actually wanted a second opinion about the disease in terms of treatment, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Best wishes

Dr Anil Grover